E-challan Online Payment | echallan.parivahan.gov.in Portal | Search E Challan status | Check Challan Status | e Challan Payment Online
With the advancement of technology, our traffic department is also getting advanced and stricter related traffic rules. Now not only traffic police will catch you for rash driving but also cameras on the streets are watching you if you break any traffic rules you have to pay Challan.
You will get the challan directly at your home if you are caught for breaking any traffic rule whether is it signals jump, weaves through traffic, or over speed. Here in this article today we people are going to provide you all the information related to E Challan Status and relevant information such as the procedure to submit challan, the procedure to check challan status, and other relevant information.
E Challan Payment
Before discussing the e- challan status it is necessary to know what is e-challan? Challan is a payment which citizens of the country have to pay if they break any traffic rule as per the guidelines issued by the traffic department. Till now this payment is to be made by the citizens in specific places but as the technology becomes advanced the government of India has launched an online challan payment portal known as “E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution”.
What Is E-Challan?
e-Challan is a modern programming application containing an Android-based portable application and web interface. The e-challan is produced to give a thorough answer for Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Policemen. This application is incorporated with Vahan and Sarathi applications.
It also provides an abundance of features while covering every single significant use of the Traffic Enforcement System. The E-challan was inaugurated a few days back to give challans to the people on the official app of the government. This will not only save paper costs but also give a wider scope to the process.
Key Points Of E Challan Status
|Article about||E Challan Status|
|Name of the portal||E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Launched for||Citizens of the country|
Objective Of E-challan
The Government of India wants to make the payment of the challan process easier and less hectic for the citizens of the country. Till now the citizens of India who has to pay challan have to go to the concerned office and wait for long outside the office to submit the fine. As this e-challan method will start, this fine submission process will become easier for the payers.
Procedure to Check E- Challan Status
Applicants have to follow the further stated steps to check the e-challan status:
- To check the status of e-challan applicants need to go to the official website of E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution
- From the home page of the website, you need to click the “check challan status” option from the menu bar.
- A new web page will appear on the screen where you need to chose “Challan Number” or “vehicle Number” or “DL Number”
- Thereafter enter the chosen information and then enter captcha code shows on the screen
- Click “get details” option and your challan related information will appear on the screen
- Now after that click on the Pay Now option.
- After that Choose your desired option to pay your challan fine.
- Now after the successful payment generate the Challan Receipt online.
E- Challan Payment Mode
Applicants can pay challan through both online and offline mode. Here are the steps you need to follow to deposit challan:
There are two ways to pay traffic police e- challan through online mode. First one is via the official website of the department and another one is via number online payment module.
- To pay challan you need to go to the official website of the traffic police of your state
- Go to the e-challan option under the services section
- Now click on it and a new page will appear on the screen
- Enter the vehicle number or challan number (Notice you received)
- Now click search detail option and your challan related information will appear.
- Click pay option and make payment via debit or credit card
- Open your Paytm mobile application or website of Paytm
- Thereafter you need to click more option
- Then go to the other services section
- Select the “challan” option
- Select the traffic authority name
- Enter challan number
- Click “proceed” and make payment of challan.
You have to go to the nearest police station to make payment of challan through offline mode.
Core Benefits Of E-Challan
Some core benefits of the e-challan procedure are given below in the following list:-
- Efficient utilization of discovery in giving a simple, productive and far-reaching traffic authorization framework.
- It will guarantee across the nation information sharing and lead to all the more suitable traffic order and street security.
- The framework intends to give an ideal answer for the present difficulties which the vehicle divisions are looking such as the issuance of traffic challans, overseeing records/back-end tasks, following offence history, instalments, reports and so forth.
- Connecting all the partners through a typical framework which is guaranteeing information uprightness, dependability and straightforwardness.
- Start to finish the robotization of the procedure will guarantee productivity at each degree of clients.
- 100% digitization and documentation of records will help in improving the permeability on guilty parties, sorts of offences often dedicated, instalments got on time and so on.
- Minimizing time and tries of residents in making instalments or follow-up activities which they face subsequent to getting challan
- Minimizing Revenue misfortune and upgrade straightforwardness
- Providing constant Road Safety usage report to the Ministry/State Governments for information-driven strategy making.
- Easy and proficient challan choice for Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Police officials
- No copy or phoney challans
- Online instalment of challans by the resident “whenever and anyplace”
- Court removal will reflect straightforwardly to resident/Department page. It will spare loads of attempts and time of resident and office authorities.
- Any exchange on concerned vehicle/permit will get hindered at RTO if there should be an occurrence of pending challan
- Subsequent punishment to the blamed proprietor at all the state where challan is actualized. This will stop the income loss of States.
Procedure To Check Pending Transaction Details
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of E- Challan
- The home page will open in front of you
- On the homepage, you are required to click on check pending transaction
- Now you page will be displayed before you where you have to enter either your challan number or vehicle number
- Now you have to click on get details
- Pending transaction details will be on your computer screen
Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill, 2019 Penalty Changes
|Type of Offence||Amount of Penalty (INR)|
|General Offence||1st time 500 & 2nd time 1500|
|Driving without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Driving illegal automobile without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Over Speeding of Vehicle||For LMV: 1000 to 2000|
|Medium Passenger or Goods Vehicle: 2000 to 4000 For the 2nd time, confiscation of driving license will happen|
|Rash Driving of Vehicles||1st Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and/ or penalty of 1000 to 5000 2nd Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and or penalty of 1000 to 5000|
|Driving under Intoxication||1st Time: Police Custody up to 6 months and ot penalty of 10,000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 2 years and or penalty of 15,000|
|Driving without Insurance||1st Time: Police Custody up to 3 months and or penalty of 2000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 3 months or and penalty of 2000|
|Seat Belt Violation||1000|
|Helmet Wearing Violation||1000|
|Not giving way to Emergency Vehicle||Imprisonment for 6 months and or penalty of 10,000|
|Accidental Related Penalties||1st Time: Imprisonment till up to 6 months and or penalty of 5000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 1 yer or penalty of INR 10,000|
Given below are the e challan enablers as announced by the concerned authorities of government:-
- Government Process Reengineering- eChallan framework imagines a total move of traffic authorization tasks from a fundamentally manual procedure to an innovation escalated process. This new procedure is substantially more proficient, far-reaching, straightforward and very easy to use. The procedure of challan issuance and removal is set to be given on a mechanical stage.
- Capacity Building- Extensive preparing and hand-holding to every single operational staff of the concerned division (Transport Enforcement/Traffic Police) gave when usage. At all stages, total help is given by NIC bolster group.
- State-wise, office astute customization- eChallan is a conventional application/application which can be utilized by all states. In any case, every single fundamental setup, customizations and extra upgrades are dealt with and incorporated into the framework according to the prerequisites of the state/division, so as to meet explicit acts/rules/forms/positions/conventions and so on.
The digital challan giving and receiving procedure is a very good procedure some of the value indicators of the procedure are given below:-
- eChallan framework has developed through a procedure of learning, changes and upgrades.
- The items on the website are made increasingly powerful and more extravagant regarding highlights, functionalities and security.
- Instalment of Challans is encouraged through different alternatives like Online Payment, PoS put together instalment – both with respect to spot and through the gateway.
- The concerned resident is naturally made a partner with the goal that he/she can make challan instalments through computerized mode or development/complaint choices and so forth by signing into the entry.
- The framework has given bi-lingual help (Hindi and English) starting at now.
- Without further ado, state-explicit language customization choice will also be given according to the prerequisites got from the clients.
What happens if you don’t pay the traffic e challan?
If you do not pay the traffic e challan then you have to face the legal consequences. A summon will be sent by the court to your residential address as the licence holder and after that, you will be called to the court and asked to give the explanation to the judge about not following the traffic rules.
If you don’t visit the court after being called and pay the traffic e challan then your driving licence can be suspended. So always remember to pay your E-Challan.
Received a wrong e-challan
As you all know that if you break traffic rules then with the help of cameras your vehicle number will be identified and you have to pay challan. But sometimes due to some error in the technology the cameras cannot read properly the vehicle number and because of this reason a message to pay challan has been sent to the wrong person.
If you have received a message to pay challan and you haven’t broken any rule then by following the the steps given below you can cancel the challan
- If you have wrongly received a message to pay challan then you can contact the traffic police helpline number and inform them regarding it.
- You can also send an email to the traffic police. After verifying the traffic police will cancel the challan.
- For cancelling the challan you are not required to pay any fees
- The traffic police also shares a format through social media in which a procedure has been told to file a complaint if a person has received the wrong challan.
Fake Site of E Challan
There is a number of fake website on the internet which is guiding common people as the official website of e challan. Please note it is not an official website. It looks exactly like the official website.
You should be very careful while making payments. The fake site is using a somewhat similar URL to the official website and looks like the official website of E challan. You are requested to be careful while making payments and take immediate action regarding fake websites like filing and FIR.