The cabinet has approved a large sum of money for the upgrading of our schools, which is tremendous news for our educational institutions. Recently, state governments in India have taken several initiatives to improve and elevate schools. This is one of the projects that focuses on both the financial requirements of schools and their aspirations for the future. Under this program, around 14,000 schools would be promoted to model status. Numerous pupils will benefit from PM Shri Scheme central government sponsorship. In the this article, we will learn about PM SHRI Schools Features, aims and advantages. You will also discuss the applicability of this strategy.
About PM SHRI Schools
There is a substantial investment in school renovations and innovations as the new scheme called PM SHRI Scheme is initiated. We can call this scheme a green school initiative. Local schools will all profit from this program. More than 18 lakh students are anticipated to directly benefit from the program. The Union Cabinet authorized the PM-SHRI project to upgrade 14,500 schools at a cost of Rs 27,360 crores over a five-year period.
The administrative framework that is already in place for Samagra Shiksha, KVS, and NVS would be used for the implementation of PM SHRI Schools. According to what was mentioned in the ministry’s statement, “the other autonomous entities would be engaged on a particular project basis as necessary.” These schools will be models for others to follow because of their cutting-edge facilities, teaching strategies, and technological advancements.
PM SHRI Schools Overview
|Scheme Name||PM SHRI schools|
|Launch By||Central Government|
|Launch Date||September 2022|
PM SHRI Schools Objectives
The main objective of the PM Sri scheme is to top-grade existing schools in the nation by providing them with proper aid so that they can compete with international levels of education around the world. This plan not only provides assistance with finances and fundamental education, but it also places an emphasis on forward-thinking factors such as creating an environmentally friendly atmosphere in educational institutions. No emphasis will be placed not just on the teaching that is to be provided but also on the outcomes for the pupils in each grade.
PM SHRI Schools Benefits and Features
- PM-SHRI project is to upgrade 14,500 schools at a cost of Rs 27,360 crores over a five-year period.
- PM SHRI Schools will mentor other regional schools.
- ICT (information and communications technology), smart classrooms, digital libraries, scientific laboratories, and vocational labs will all be installed in schools that participate in the PM SHRI Yojana program.
- PM SHRI will deliver high-quality education in an equal, and joyous school atmosphere that respects children’s unique backgrounds, language needs, and academic talents and makes them active participants in their own learning process.
- PM SHRI will deliver high-quality education in an equal, inclusive, and joyous school atmosphere that respects children’s unique backgrounds, language needs, and academic talents and makes them active participants in their own learning process.
- The schools will be developed as environmental schools, incorporating solar panels and LED lights, nutrition gardens with natural farming, waste management, plastic-free, water saving, and harvesting.
- Further Study of environmental practices, climate change-related workshops, and effective knowledge management to adopt a healthier approach will all be covered under the scheme.
- These schools’ teaching will be experiential, holistic, integrated, play/toy-based, inquiry-driven, discovery-oriented, learner-centered, discussion-based, adaptable, and joyful.
- Every grade will focus on learning outcomes. All assessments will be competency-based and focused on conceptual comprehension and real-life application.
- The existing resources and their efficacy will be assessed for each area and its key performance metrics, and shortfalls will be remedied in a methodical and planned way.
- Under this scheme, entrepreneurship opportunities, especially with local industry,
- Linking with Sector Skill Councils and local industry will improve job prospects and job alternatives.
PM SHRI School Scheme Interventions
The following are the principal illustrative interventions of the Scheme of schools:
- Most importantly, Improving current infrastructure, as we all know, is the nation’s most urgent need.
- Learning Enhancement Programme, Holistic Progress Card, Innovative Teaching, Internships with Local Artisans, Capacity Development. It will all help students to shape their careers.
- Scientific and mathematics kits will be provided to PM SHRI Schools.
- Annual Educational Grants
- Early Childhood Development infrastructure suitable for girls and CWSN
- Implementing technology interventions to assist in overcoming language barriers while imparting education to students.
- ICT, smart classrooms, and digital libraries are required for the implementation of digital pedagogy. ICT, smart classrooms, and digital initiatives will be implemented in every single PM SHRI school.
- All schools will get science laboratories, a Library, ICT facilities, and vocational labs, among other amenities.
Quality Assurance of PM SHRI Schools
- NEP 2020 Student Registry for Tracking Enrollment and Learning purposes.
- Each child’s learning results should exceed state and national averages. This means it focuses on the grades of students as well.
- Every middle schooler learns 21st-century skills Every high schooler has at least one talent.
- Every youngster will be provided coaching and involvement in sports, arts, and ICT
- School sustainability.
- Each school will be mentored by colleges.
- Every school will be mentored by higher schools/ institutions.
- Every youngster receives psychological and professional counselors.
- Students will be rooted in India’s knowledge and heritage,
- Making students aware of India’s contribution to the world, conscious of their duties to society, living beings, and the environment, communicatively competent in Indian languages, respectful of inclusivity, equality, and unity in diversity, and service-oriented.
- Personality, civic ideals towards nation-building obligations
PM SHRI Schools Apply Procedure
Schools can self-apply on the scheme’s website. The three-step selection process for PM SHRI Schools:
- States or territories implement NEP in full, and the Center helps schools achieve quality assurance.
- PM-SHRI applicants will be chosen using basic criteria. Pool schools must tackle challenges. Conditions are checked physically.
- The chosen schools would compete against one another in an effort to meet the challenging conditions set by the central government.